On today’s episode, I share why practicing your leadership skills is critical for becoming a high-performing leader. I explain why learning a new skill or starting a new business or project can put you at a higher risk of throwing in the towel and giving up. I also explain the difference between complex skills and component skills, the importance of identifying your key component skills, and share strategies to help you practice - and master - your component skills.
“When you think about high-performers - they spend a ton of time practicing their skills.” - Eleanor Beaton
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- What separates high-performers from average performers.
- Why it’s critical to practice new skills.
- The difference between complex skills and component skills.
- The importance of identifying and practicing your key component skills.
- How breaking complex skills into simpler skills helps you improve.
- The importance of setting small, actionable weekly goals.
- The importance of overestimating the time it will take to practice a new skill.
- The importance of working with a coach, mentor, or advisor.
- How being attached to results and ROI impacts your performance.
- The importance of staying in-tune with the “beginner’s mindset” as you practice new skills.
5 Steps to Improve Your Component Skills:
- Identify your high-performance inputs.
- Break complex skills into simpler component skills.
- Set quick-hit process goals.
- Overestimate the time required.
- Practice with a devoted coach.
Fierce Leadership Quotes:
- “You’ve got to sharpen the saw. Practice, practice, practice.” - Eleanor Beaton
- “In our world of frenzied action, it is so easy to underestimate the time that we need to prepare and plan.” - Eleanor Beaton
- “When you’re moving into a new level of leadership; when you’re moving into a new level of growth; when you’re looking to master a new skill set - that attachment to results and ROI actually impedes your ability to grow - and your performance.” - Eleanor Beaton
- High-Performing Leaders Never Underestimate the Importance of This, But Average Performers Almost Always Do - Magazine article
Grab Your Ticket to the Power. Presence. Position. 3-Day Workshop!
Are you ready to ramp up your leadership skills, have more confidence in your instincts, cope with criticism and lead with conviction? Are you ready to unleash your inner-CEO and authentically position yourself in a category of ONE? Join me in Toronto, Canada on November 2-4 for the Power. Presence. Position. Workshop - the 3-day workshop designed to help you up-level your power, presence, and position within your business or organization.
Join the Exclusive Incubator Program!
Are you ready to build, leverage, and scale your business to the next level? Ready to maximize your leadership skills and grow your business to 7-figures and beyond? Join our Incubator Program - the 12-month high-octane program that blends leadership strategy, accountability, and business building support to help you propel your business to the next level and increase your earning power. Head over to EleanorBeaton.com to learn more about The Incubator Program and submit your application today!
Dial-Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2018
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is an 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/discover.