Today, Elissa joins me to share the power of leaning out -- how to set yourself free by doing things your way as you create your own company, systems, and culture. She shares what allowed her to rise quickly in Silicon Valley and how her belief as a young child that ‘homes are protected by grandmothers with frying pans’ molded her outlook on the fierceness of women.
“I think the most reliable way to have a great work environment is to build it yourself.” - Elissa Shevinsky
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- The core experiences that shaped Elissa’s ability and willingness to challenge the status quo
- What inspired the creation of her book
- What Silicon Valley and Hollywood have in common
- What kept her going through all her hardships
- Why she loves working so much
- Insights she gained from her failures and setbacks
- Why entrepreneurs have coping mechanisms
- An atypical yet empowering exercise she does
- Strategies she used to become more visible
- Why she decided to establish a company of her own
- Dreamers // Doers Facebook Community
- Lean In Book by Sheryl Sandberg
Elissa’s Advice for Fierce Feminine Leaders:
- Take a lot of risks.
- Make a lot of choices explicitly to try to level up.
- Be visible.
Connect with Elissa Shevinsky:
- Lean Out: The Struggle for Gender Equality in Tech and Start-Up Culture Book
- That's It — I'm Finished Defending Sexism In Tech Article on Business Insider
Find Your Voice. Change Your World!
Do you want to be a confident, influential leader that others highly look up to and promote in your industry? If you aspire to have your voice and your message heard as a respected influencer, do not miss this 3-day leadership retreat Your Million Dollar Message: Find Your Voice, Craft Your Strategy, Change the World that’s happening on March 23, 2018 in Phoenix, Arizona! Grab your tickets today by registering at YourMillionDollarMessageRetreat.com.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/Discover.