Jas joins me on the show today to share her story of overcoming some of the biggest challenges in her life – including being discharged from the military, being diagnosed with an aggressive form of head, neck, and throat cancer, as well as losing her home during Hurricane Katrina. She explains how these experiences motivated her to start her organization and dedicate herself to helping over 2,000 female military veterans each year find safe, suitable housing.
“I realized no one was RSVP-ing to my pity party.” – Jas Boothe
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- Coping with a devastating cancer diagnosis after losing her new home to Hurricane Katrina
- Finding motivation to change the outcome of her situation – and the situations of others
- The birth of Final Salute Inc and its mission to serve the women who have served
- Services and programs available to homeless female veterans and their children
- What it was like to talk with Oprah
- How she transformed the leadership skills she learned as a soldier to become a successful business woman
Connect with Jas Boothe:
- Final Salute Inc
- Final Salute Inc on Twitter
- Final Salute Inc on Facebook
- Jas Boothe on LinkedIn
- Jas Boothe on Twitter
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/Discover.
A Special Thank You to Our Sponsors
This episode was made possible by our wonderful sponsors, BMO – Bank of Montreal – The Bank for Women.
Join the conversation at BMO for Women to gain the insight, knowledge, and support you need to succeed and to truly understand how to manage your money!