Kim joins me today to explain why many small business owners and entrepreneurs often avoid reaching out to corporate clients. She explains how to prepare to do business with big corporate entities, the importance of clarifying and articulating your unique value proposition, and the difference between a discovery meeting and a pitch. She also shares some of the biggest mistakes she sees many entrepreneurs make when engaging with corporate clients as well as tips on how to avoid them.
If you are professional and you have a system and an approach in place that adds value, and you think of it as being their trusted advisor, people will want you to call them because they have needs.” - Kim Chernecki
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- The biggest turning point in her professional career that led to the development of her company.
- Lessons she has learned throughout her entrepreneurial career.
- Why she is passionate about helping entrepreneurs land corporate clients.
- Why she believes many small business owners fail to pursue corporate clients.
- Overcoming fears of connecting with corporate clients.
- Mistakes many entrepreneurs make when approaching corporate clients.
- The importance of clarifying and articulating your value proposition.
- The importance of focusing on the quality of your communications with corporate entities.
- The difference between a “discovery meeting” and a pitch.
- Identifying the proper time to develop a proposal.
- What are discussion documents and how they can help add value to your conversations with corporate clients?
- The importance of quoting project prices instead of hourly rates in your proposals.
- The difference between speaking with decision-makers vs. gatekeepers.
- How to get past corporate gatekeepers.
- Tips for creating a strong proposal.
- Insanely Simple: The Obsession That Drives Apple’s Success book by Ken Segall
- Episode 243: How to Network with Power Players with Katie Burke of HubSpot
Kim Chernecki’s Top 3 Success Tips for Female Entrepreneurs:
- Work within your sweet spot.
- Be persistent.
- Find a coach who has been where you want to go.
Fierce Leadership Quotes:
- “Have quality communications rather than quantity.” - Kim Chernecki
- “The bottom line is, you don’t want to give proposals to gatekeepers. You need to be in front of the people who are the stakeholders.” - Kim Chernecki
- “You need to get creative in order to get referred.” - Kim Chernecki
Connect with Kim Chernecki:
Join the Exclusive Incubator Program!
Are you ready to build, leverage, and scale your business to the next level? Ready to maximize your leadership skills and grow your business to 7-figures and beyond? Join our Incubator Program - the 12-month high-octane program that blends leadership strategy, accountability, and business building support to help you propel your business to the next level and increase your earning power. Head over to EleanorBeaton.com to learn more about The Incubator Program and submit your application today!
Triple Down on Your Personal Brand
Are you ready to grow your business, increase your impact, and build a powerhouse personal brand? Learn how to build a powerhouse personal brand that can help you open new doors of opportunities for your business and career. Grab our free whitepaper: 7 Unconventional Strategies to Build Your Personal Brand. Head over to EleanorBeaton.com/Brand to grab your copy of this powerful whitepaper and begin your journey to impact the world!
Grab Your Ticket to the Power. Presence. Position. 3-Day Workshop!
Are you ready to ramp up your leadership skills, have more confidence in your instincts, cope with criticism and lead with conviction? Are you ready to unleash your inner-CEO and authentically position yourself in a category of ONE? Join me in Toronto, Canada on November 2-4 for the Power. Presence. Position. Workshop - the 3-day workshop designed to help you up-level your power, presence, and position within your business or organization.
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2018
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is a 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/discover.