I’m excited to bring you another episode of our special series sponsored by The Security Traders Association of Women in Finance Initiative. It is my delight to introduce my guest, Eden Simmer, who is a fierce feminine leader in the world of finance with eleven years of investment experience, has an MBA from Columbia Business School, undergraduate degrees in finance and economics, and an international business certificate from the University of Iowa. She is the senior vice president and equity trader for Pacific Investment Management Company, LLC in New York (PIMCO) and she also worked at Deutsche Asset Management as an equities and foreign exchange trader, and ABN AMRO Group as a foreign exchange and derivatives trading associate.
In today’s episode, Eden is going share her amazing story and give you some incredible insights about how you can become a fierce feminine leader in finance or outside of this industry so you can take your well-deserved seat at the table.
“You have to know who you are to be successful.”
Here’s a Breakdown of Today’s Show:
- Who is Eden Simmer and how did growing up on a farm empower her to be successful in her career?
- She shares her story about how her first experiences in business led her to Wall Street.
- Eden tells us what empowered her to shape her career focus.
- She shares her thoughts on women’s visibility in the industry.
- Eden examines gender bias and its effects on women who want to become leaders.
- Eden talks about the biggest challenge she faced as a woman in finance and how emerging women in business can achieve success.
- She reveals who inspires her and why.
- Eden talks about factors in becoming a successful woman leader in the industry.
- What’s in Eden’s cards regarding her development and growth as a leader.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Christine Sandler on Episode 86 of Fierce Feminine Leadership podcast
- Recording of the STA Women in Finance Symposium and a summary sheet from the event.
- The Security Traders Association Women in Finance
- Women's Bond Club
My Invitation to You
Let’s make 2017 your year for success, for courage, for being the fierce female leader you know you can be! Reserve your seat to join me and other fierce feminine leaders on November 18 through 20 for a 3-day retreat in Toronto, Canada to crystalize your vision, create a powerful 90-day action plan, and get the tools you need to help you seriously uplevel your life and business.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave your review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible.