On this episode, Heather talks about what made her decide to take athletics to the next level at age 27 and the advantages of doing it later in life. She shares what she means by “arousal level,” how you can manage it to reach your full potential, and why perspective is the key to discover what you are capable of doing.
“Shifting perspective is key for anyone to achieve their potential.” - Heather Moyse
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- How her parents played a significant role in her becoming a champion
- The turning point that convinced her to take athletics to the next level
- Psychological skills that drive her to high performance
- The ratio between physical power and psychological skills that motivate her to maximum performance
- How she and her Olympic partner prepared physically and mentally a few days before the big game in 2010
- How to reframe things and circumstances to lessen the mental pressure and allow you to focus on what you need to do
- How to shift your perspective to produce much better results
- Why her book serves as a roadmap to high performance regardless of field
- How she redefines “realistic”
- Challenging your assumptions and fears to prove what you can do
- What motivated her to come back and compete in the 2018 Olympics
Heather’s Advice for Fierce Feminine Leaders:
- Part of being successful is knowing what you need to be successful and knowing what your teammates’ need to be successful.
- Keep your routine and rituals in place to get you into the right mindset and lessen distractions.
- If you don’t enjoy the pressure, you can leave anytime.
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2017
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is an 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/Discover.