Katie joins me on today’s episode to share how to advance your career as you network with senior leaders and the significant life-altering lessons she learned in her career journey. She talks about when the ideal time is to think about your next career move and how to create an outstanding culture that is female-friendly and supports inclusion and diversity.
“Do anything that shows that you’re willing to take the jump from intent to action.” - Katie Burke
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- Katie’s career journey from something she endured to something close to her heart
- What gave her the courage to make the jump and shift careers
- Why you should pay attention to the things you do when no one’s watching
- What to do when you stop believing in the leadership of your organization
- The challenge of having Impostor Syndrome
- Redefining “do your homework”
- The one thing that’s going to make a significant change in the workplace culture
- Her top three success factors
Katie’s Advice for Fierce Feminine Leaders:
- Be willing to make a risky jump in your career.
- Do your homework first if you plan to network with senior leaders.
- Meeting people where they are physically is good, but be open to their preferred channel to network.
- Maximize your in-person time.
- Don’t ask them basic day-to-day questions.
Connect with Katie Burke:
Find Your Voice. Change Your World!
Do you want to be a confident, influential leader that others highly look up to and promote in your industry? If you aspire to have your voice and your message heard as a respected influencer, do not miss this 3-day leadership retreat Your Million Dollar Message: Find Your Voice, Craft Your Strategy, Change the World that’s happening on March 23, 2018 in Phoenix, Arizona! Grab your tickets today by registering at YourMillionDollarMessageRetreat.com.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/Discover.