Despite whether you agree with her politics, or the politics of President Barak Obama, Michelle Obama’s career is filled with valuable leadership lessons for women in business. Today, I’m going to share with you some of the important lessons I have learned from simply observing how she has lead initiatives – from her work in combatting childhood obesity and supporting veterans to her powerful speeches during the 2011 election. By simply observing her career, we can learn many valuable lessons that can help us be more effective in any negotiation, in any boardroom, or in any speech we give throughout 2017.
When you have the room – allow yourself to own it.
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- Resist the urge to play small to gain the acceptance of others.
- Remember: your career is a marathon – not a sprint.
- When you are ready to step back into the game after a career hiatus – or are faced with a big, bold opportunity – leverage it for all it’s worth!
- Fun and lightheartedness is a powerful tool to unite your team, drive great results, and ultimately create a knockout culture.
- Authenticity, integrity, and hope are what characterized Michelle Obama’s tenure. Her values are what people will remember her for.
Top 5 Leadership Lessons from Michelle Obama:
- Don’t apologize for being confident.
- Embrace the times when your career must take a back seat.
- Know how to own the room.
- Fun is a powerful leadership skill.
- Know your values.
My Challenge to You:
- Sort out your relationship with your own personal power.
- Decide when you need to allow your professional life to take a back seat to meet the needs of your family.
- Know when to leverage great opportunities and allow yourself to own the room.
- Create a fun, light-hearted working atmosphere.
- Know your sense of certainty (and uncertainty).
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2017
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2017? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is a 6-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Enrollment ends January 22, 2017.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave your review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible.