The “Rob and Duplicate” concept can significantly impact the way others perceive you, your company, and your brand. It can be detrimental to the impact you want to make in the world and can significantly tarnish your reputation.
On today’s episode, I explain the three reasons why people may copy your work, what you can do if you catch yourself copying someone else’s ideas, and how to protect yourself against copycats. I explain the difference between copying and modeling and how you can identify when you are copying someone else or simply modeling their process or idea. I also share how I handled a copycat situation last year when I realized my work was being copied by someone else.
“If you are truly being uniquely you - if you are truly on a mission to become preeminent in your space - you cannot be preeminent and copy other people.” - Eleanor Beaton
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- The benefits and drawbacks of creating new things based on your ideas and knowledge.
- The primary reason high-performers copy others.
- How “Robbing and Duplicating” can hurt your business or career.
- How copying others can impact your reputation.
- My experience with dealing with copycats.
- The importance of identifying when you are copying someone else.
- The importance of identifying why you are copying someone.
- The difference between copying and modeling.
- How to prevent copying other people’s work or ideas.
- The importance of quickly moving on new ideas - instead of procrastinating.
Fierce Leadership Quotes:
- “When you copy someone else, you will always be second-class.” - Eleanor Beaton
- “When you are being the best, truest version of yourself; when you are being most authentic and bold, it is impossible for people to copy you.” - Eleanor Beaton
- “Anybody who creates things - the risk of doing that is that it could be copied. The benefit is that you get to have the impact that you are here to make.” - Eleanor Beaton
Join the Exclusive Incubator Program!
Are you ready to build, leverage, and scale your business to the next level? Ready to maximize your leadership skills and grow your business to 7-figures and beyond? Join our Incubator Program - the 12-month high-octane program that blends leadership strategy, accountability, and business building support to help you propel your business to the next level and increase your earning power. Head over to EleanorBeaton.com to learn more about The Incubator Program and submit your application today!
Triple Down on Your Personal Brand
Are you ready to grow your business, increase your impact, and build a powerhouse personal brand? Learn how to build a powerhouse personal brand that can help you open new doors of opportunities for your business and career. Grab our free whitepaper: 7 Unconventional Strategies to Build Your Personal Brand. Head over to EleanorBeaton.com/Brand to grab your copy of this powerful whitepaper and begin your journey to impact the world!
Grab Your Ticket to the Power. Presence. Position. 3-Day Workshop!
Are you ready to ramp up your leadership skills, have more confidence in your instincts, cope with criticism and lead with conviction? Are you ready to unleash your inner-CEO and authentically position yourself in a category of ONE? Join me in Toronto, Canada on November 2-4 for the Power. Presence. Position. Workshop - the 3-day workshop designed to help you up-level your power, presence, and position within your business or organization.
Dial-Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2018
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is an 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/discover.