Here’s a Breakdown of the Topics We Covered:
- Joan’s story – how she dived into the Clean Tech space, the struggles she has endured, and how she overcame those struggles and how she empowers other women to do the same.
- Statistics show that women tend to get promoted on performance while men get promoted on potential.
- Women walk into a discussion or decision with a laundry list of assumptions.
- How Joan felt “held back” in her previous career goals, and what she did to overcome this common obstacle.
- Women have permission to change the rules in the corporate world, even though many feel as though they don’t.
- Using relationship building skills and deal closing skills at the same time produces results. Everyone in business – entrepreneurial or corporate – needs to do both.
- What is Joan’s business model?
“Women tend to limit their choices by – unknowingly or unintentionally – setting boundaries.”
Joan’s Advice for Women Who Are Looking to Build their Voice:
- Self-talk – listen to yourself, how you talk to others and yourself, to learn a lot about what your voice is and how you are, in your own way, making assumptions that may or may not be true.
- Be visible
- Ask for what you want
- Be willing to hear voices that are different from yours so you can stretch your knowledge. Be willing to learn new things and ask for help.
Joan’s Advice for People Working Within a Corporate Entity and Want to Elevate Their Personal Brand:
- Go to your company’s communications team and ask to cover the public speaking engagements that the CEO cannot attend. Approach them with specific opportunities that will also benefit the company.
Connect with Joan:
- Joan’s blog on the Huffington Post
- Email – email@example.com
Subscribe to and Review the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast for a Chance to Win This Month’s Contest!
At the end of each month, one lucky reviewer will win a free private coaching session with me! Are you feeling lucky? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest feedback to enter your name into the contest!