Joanna joins me today to share how she pivoted her career from working in the corporate world in an industry she no longer enjoyed to becoming a published author. She shares her secrets for selling over 500,000 books on Amazon, how she combined her passion for business with her passion for writing, and she provides practical tips for leveraging the power of Amazon to launch your career as an author.
“The most important thing as a full-time creative is creating.” – Joanna Penn
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- The “author entrepreneur” business model
- Time management strategies and tips
- Why the platform to sell your book is critical to the success of your journey as a creative entrepreneur
- Creating a scalable business as an author
- How to market and sell your books worldwide
- How the business model for selling courses differs from selling books
- Tips for marketing your books
- How marketing non-fiction books differs from marketing fiction books
- Contract tips for working with publishers
Joanna Penn’s Top 4 Success Factors:
- Defining success and writing affirmations
- Taking action
- Constantly learning
- Being consistent
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Amazon’s Create Space
- Draft 2 Digital
- Publish Drive
- Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
Connect with Joanna Penn:
- The Creative Penn
- The Creative Penn Blueprint
- The Creative Penn Podcast
- F. Penn
- How to Market a Book by Joanna Penn
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/Discover.
A Special Thank You to Our Sponsors
This episode was made possible by our wonderful sponsors, BMO – Bank of Montreal – The Bank for Women.
Join the conversation at BMO for Women to gain the insight, knowledge, and support you need to succeed and to truly understand how to manage your money!