My guest today is author, public speaker, and career and business strategist, Jenny Blake. Jenny helps people move past the “burnout” phase and into careers they love. Today, we discuss how to seamlessly and continually double-down on your strengths, interests, and experience to approach career changes from a powerful place. We also discuss how to identify new opportunities that will help you develop new skills and how to run “pilot” experiments to help you figure out what to do next.
“Not all pivots have to be big and dramatic. Sometimes, it’s just about mapping your next move within whatever you’re currently doing.” – Jenny Blake
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- How company pivots have impacted individual and millennial pivots
- Individual ideas of “what is working” and how it evolved over generations
- The basis of Jenny’s 4-step framework process
- Getting traction within your organization for your pilot projects
- Pilot examples for small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Dealing with anxiety and a lack of clarity
- Transitioning from intrapreneur to entrepreneur
- Recharging habits and routines
Jenny’s 4-Step Pivot Framework:
- Step 1 – The Plant Phase – Setting the foundation
- Step 2 – Scanning – Looking at what’s out there related to your strengths and one-year vision
- Step 3 – Pilot – Small experiments to help you assess the 3 E’s: Enjoyment, Expertise, and Expansion
- Step 4 – Launch – The “all-in” moment
Pivoting Questions to Ask Yourself:
- What’s already working for me?
- What are my strengths?
- What are people asking my advice on the most?
- What do I enjoy the most?
- When do I feel the most “in the zone?”
- How am I already earning an income?
- Who do I already know?
CLICK HERE to download the freebie worksheet "Pivoting Questions to Ask Yourself"