Effort, hard work, dedication, and perseverance can get our foot in the door, but it won’t get you to the front of the line.
So, what is it that can put you at the front of the line for that next promotion or the big speaking opportunity you’ve been dreaming about? In one word – sponsors – powerful, connected people within your organization or industry that can open the doors of opportunity for you.
On today’s episode, I’m going to share with you the difference between a mentor and a sponsor and how connecting with a sponsor can help you make the quantum leaps you desire in your business or career in 2017.
Sponsors are like the ladders in a game of Snakes and Ladders.
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- Research shows that women focus more on connecting with role models than connecting with sponsors.
- What’s the difference between a mentor and a sponsor?
- Sponsors are your allies – not your friend. You work together to help each other advance in your careers.
- How to find a sponsor in your organization or industry to help you advance your business or career.
My Challenge to You:
- Find a sponsor.
- Look beyond your mentors.
- Remember: Sponsorship is earned.
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know!
Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave your review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible.